If you want visible, natural-looking results without the excessive pain and extended recovery time that may be associated with more invasive surgeries or procedures, Ellacor® may be your answer.
How Does it Work?
Ellacor® uses hollow needles to remove micro-cores of skin…
- Pivotal Study to Evaluate the Effectiveness of a Micro-Coring Device Treating Moderate to Severe Facial Wrinkles. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT 03573271; submitted for publication. 51 subjects completed the pivotal study; subjects were treated 2-3 times with 7%-8% skin removal and up to 5mm needle coring depth. Each patient heals differently; mild to moderate side effects may still be present up to 30 days post-treatment per physician assessment. All clinical data, including patient healing, treatment pain on the 0-10 Wong-Baker Scale, Global Aesthetic Improvement Scale scores, and Subject Satisfaction is on file with Cytrellis.
- Champlain, A. et al. 2019. What is the Largest Size Full-Thickness Skin Injury That Can Heal Without a Scar? Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, 50(S30), S30-31. https://doi.org/10.1002/lsm.23059
- Cytrellis data on file.
- Cytrellis studies using OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography) have demonstrated absence of holes, approximately 10 minutes post procedure (2017)
Body Area(s) & Procedure(s)
1. Mid-to-Lower Face Wrinkles..
More info on Body Area/Treatment
1. Mid-to-Lower Face Wrinkles and Excess Skins
What to Expect
Before and after your procedure…
Here's what to expect:
How is ellacor® different from other skin revitalization devices?
Ellacor® removes micro-portions of excess skin to achieve an improvement in the appearance of wrinkles, whereas many other skin revitalization devices use heat generated by laser, radio frequency and ultrasound energy to induce intentional thermal injury to the skin.
How many procedures will I need?
As every patient has different needs, please speak with your physician to determine the treatment plan that is right for you. In the clinical trial, most patients underwent a series of three procedures spaced approximately 30 days apart.
Is the procedure painful?
Dr. Pierone will provide you with appropriate anesthesia prior to the procedure to make you more comfortable. Most patients in our clinical trial reported pain during the procedure as less than 2 on a 0-10 scale.
Is the recovery time long?
Recovery time ranges from a few days to weeks, which can vary by patient and treatment settings. Since every patient heals at different rates, patient results and experience may vary. Please consult with your ellacor® provider for more information.
Does ellacor® use laser, radio frequency, or ultrasound energy?
The ellacor® system is able to remove skin on the microscale without the use of thermal energy.
How is ellacor® different from microneedling?
Microneedling uses small needles to injure the tissue, but skin is not removed during this procedure – the tissue is temporarily displaced. Ellacor® is the first device to actually remove skin on the microscale.
Can I receive ellacor® if I have a darker skin tone?
Because darker skin types (V and VI) may react differently to aesthetic treatments than lighter skin types (I-IV), a separate clinical study is needed to evaluate the proper protocols for using ellacor on darker skin types.
Ellacor removes sagging skin without surgery. Ideal for patients looking for a non-surgical solution for mid-to-lower face wrinkles and excess skin. One of the most anticipated innovations in aesthetics is finally here, and Dr. Pierone is one of the first to offer...
Publication / Media Exposure The DUAL PRACTITIONER Infectious disease specialist Dr. Gerald Pierone talks with an assistant at his Facial Rejuvenation office. His aesthetics practice in Vero Beach grew out of his work with HIV/AIDS patients. BY MARY ANN...
Q: How long to see full results from one treatment? Are initial improvements short-lived? A: Hello and thanks for posting. Bellafill is a hybrid product consisting of 80% bovine collagen and 20% PMMA. The bovine collagen is relatively...
Q: What's would these acne scars be classified as and what approach would be best to treat them WITHOUT filler. Thank you A: Hello and thanks for posting. It is hard to tell exactly what kind of scars you have from the photos, but I...
Q:I' don't have stretch marks anymore I notice my stomach going back to normal slowly but surely but it's by my belly button I have an issue with I do use a cream name amilean A: Hello and thanks for posting. You have some tissue laxity in the lower abdominal region...