The New Standard of Laser Treatment
The Aerolase ® Laser provides our practice with comprehensive gentle skin rejuvenation for our patients. It is safe for all skin types and tone; allows for combination therapy in a single treatment with Botox and fillers while helping to reduce bruising and swelling from injections.>
Before and After
How Does it Work?
Results are visible within one week after treatment and remain for a minimum of three months.
Unlike soft tissue fillers such as Juvederm® and Sculptra® Aesthetic that add volume to skin depressions, BOTOX® blocks the release of a chemical called acetylcholine which triggers the muscle contractions that create wrinkles.
BOTOX® essentially paralyzes the muscles and stops them from contracting.
Some surgeons suggest that Zytaze, a new prescription zinc supplement, can extend these results if taken in the days leading up to your BOTOX® injections. Ask your doctor about Zytaze before your next BOTOX® injection.
Body Area(s) & Procedure(s)
More info on Body Area/Treatment
The Aerolase® LightPod Neo® offers a uniquely noninvasive skin tightening/rejuvenation treatment to stimulate healthy collagen and restore your skin’s youthful appearance. This process will help firm healthy skin, get rid of any vasculature and spots as well as help fill in wrinkles without any patient downtime. Only a beam of laser light touches the skin for the most pleasant treatment available. Typically, several treatments spaced out over a 6-month period deliver remarkable results.
Spider Veins & Angiomas
The Aerolase® LightPod Neo® is able to safely treat a broad range of visible blood vessels from angiomas and spider veins to large leg veins. The LightPod Neo® delivers a pulse of laser energy, which will cause the blood within the vein to coagulate and destroy the vessel, which will absorbed by your body over several weeks to leave your skin looking rejuvenated and youthful. No matter what part of your body is affected, the Aerolase® LightPod Neo® can safely and effectively take care of any unwanted veins.
Melasma is a very common patchy brown, tan, or blue-gray facial skin discoloration, primarily seen on the upper cheeks, lip, forehead and chin of women 20-50 years of age. Uncontrolled sunlight exposure is considered the leading cause of melasma, especially in individuals with a genetic predisposition to this condition. Melasma is most common among pregnant women, called Chloasma, especially those of Latin and Asian descents. People with olive or darker skin, such as Hispanic, Asian, and Middle Eastern individuals, have higher incidences of melasma. The LightPod Neo can safely and effectively treat pigmented areas, resulting in an even and uniform skin tone. Other lasers can potentially cause skin bleaching.
Acne is a common condition across both youths and adults characterized by sebaceous glands being obstructed by the p. acnes bacteria. This causes blemishes on the skin and can lead to scarring if not treated properly. Until recently, patients could only be treated by topical or oral medications. Now, the Aerolase® LightPod Neo® laser can result in substantial improvement for the treatment of acne and acne scars. The laser’s energy effectively destroys the p. acne bacteria, while restoring collagen to damaged skin. The result is a significant clearance of active acne and visible acne scars.
Rosacea & Redness
Rosacea is a chronic disorder that is characterized by facial flushing and with time the gradual development of persistent facial redness and spider-like blood vessels. It is often punctuated by episodes of inflammatory papules (bumps), pustules (pimples), and swelling. Management for many people often includes avoidance of popular foods and alcohol as well as cosmetic camouflage, which can be expensive and time-consuming. Others diffuse redness including poikiloderma of civatte may be attributed by other factors such as exposure to UV rays and lifestyle, which can also be addressed by LightPod lasers. The laser light destroys visible blood vessels or reduces extensive redness. The Aerolase® LightPod Neo® laser emits pulses of light that target tiny blood vessels just under the skin. Heat from the laser’s energy builds in the vessels, causing them to disintegrate.
Aerolase® is priced $500 per treatment. We are offering a special – 4 sessions for $1600.
What to Expect
Here's what to expect:
-The doctor/practitioner will take an abbreviated medical history from you. Prior to treatment, medical grade photographs will be taken of the treatment area.
– You may experience a sensation of warmth or mild discomfort like rubber bands snapping against your skin when the laser fires. Some degree of skin flushing may occur, but it typically resolves within several hours.
– Protective eye wear will be provided for you during the treatment. BUT ALSO KEEP YOUR EYES CLOSED.
– Your face should be cleansed thoroughly, free of lotions, sunscreen, and make-up.
– You may have areas of scabbing, such as with treatment of veins, broken blood vessels, or lesions. Do not pick or remove scabs. Allow them to fall off on their own.
What is Aerolase Laser used to treat and am I a good candidate?
What are the benefits of Aerolase laser and how does it work?
The LightPod Neo® also offers a uniquely noninvasive skin rejuvenation & tightening treatment to stimulate healthy collagen and restore your skin’s youthful appearance. Only a beam of laser light touches the skin for the most pleasant treatment available.
How many treatments will I need?
What type of results will I see?
When treating for skin rejuvenation, this treatment will help firm healthy skin, get rid of any vasculature and spots as well as help fill in wrinkles without any patient downtime.
Is there any downtime associated with this procedure?
What are the possible adverse effects?
2. Pigmentation- The treated area may heal with lighter or darker pigmentation. Protect yourself from any sun exposure for at least three months following treatment. Hyperpigmentation usually fades in three to six months. However, pigment change can be permanent.
3. Herpes Viral or Skin Infections – Notify your practitioner if you have history of Herpes viral or other skin infections. In rare cases skin infection can occur or the laser can reactive the Herpes Virus.
4. Permanent Hair Removal- This laser removes brown or black hair. Permanent hair removal in the treatment area is possible even if the patient was being treated for another indication. For example, if a man if having a facial treatment for acne his beard or mustache may be permanently removed.
5. Lack of Treatment Response – There is a possibility that the targeted hairs, veins or other treated areas will not respond to the treatment.
6. Eye Exposure – There is also the risk of harmful eye exposure to laser surgery. It is important that you KEEP YOUR EYES CLOSED and have protective eye wear at all times during the laser treatment.
Indian River Magazine Feat. Dr. Pierone
Publication / Media Exposure The DUAL PRACTITIONER Infectious disease specialist Dr. Gerald Pierone talks with an assistant at his Facial Rejuvenation office. His aesthetics practice in Vero Beach grew out of his work with HIV/AIDS patients. BY MARY ANN...
Q&A: Best Combination for Facial Rejuvenation
Q: This happened due to weight loss about 15 years ago, but I couldn't find a remedy. I am 49 yrs now. I want to fill under eyes so that my face look full and young.Now it looks tired and when I laugh/smile, there are many wrinkles around it. Sagging...
Q&A: Acne Scar Treatment – One Treatment Bellafill Result
Q: How long to see full results from one treatment? Are initial improvements short-lived? A: Hello and thanks for posting. Bellafill is a hybrid product consisting of 80% bovine collagen and 20% PMMA. The bovine collagen is relatively...
Q&A: Acne Scar Treatment with Microneedle, Laser & PDO Threads
Q: What's would these acne scars be classified as and what approach would be best to treat them WITHOUT filler. Thank you A: Hello and thanks for posting. It is hard to tell exactly what kind of scars you have from the photos, but I...