Have the luxurious, pampering comfort of a day spa with homemade skin care solutions using everyday kitchen ingredients! Whether you´re on a budget or want to help enhance the effects of your regular skin care regimen, homemade face masks and scrubs are great ways to help add moisture and a fresh-looking glow to your skin.
Today, we´re sharing one of our favorite do-it-yourself face mask recipes-complete with protein and whole grains, this breakfast mask is packed with nutrients that are good for your skin-and easy to make!
Honey Oatmeal Face Mask
- 1 cup of dry oatmeal
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of yogurt
- Place dry oatmeal in a blender or coffee grinder and blend until fine. Transfer ground oatmeal into a small bowl.
- Add the honey to the finely ground meal.
- Add yogurt to the honey and oats.
- Mix all of the ingredients into a thick paste. Add more honey as needed to smooth the mixture.
- Spread the mask on your clean face. Allow it to sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Warm a small towel by running it under hot water and place the towel over your face. Allow steam to work and then thoroughly rinse off.
For that extra touch of indulgence, place 2 slices of cucumber on your eyes and enjoy the cooling effect.
So put your cell phone away, let the laundry pile up for a change, and kick back to relish this moment all to yourself. You deserve it!
Try this recipe and tell us what you think. If you have a special DIY skin care treatment, share it with us and perhaps we´ll try it and feature it on our blog one day!